How to Cook Chicken and Prawn Pad Thai
You May Like: How to Make Dalgona or Dalgano Recipes
- 125g dry vermicelli, cut in half
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 gr chicken thigh fillet, cut into 2 cm
- 8 large green prawns, peeled, skin removed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100 grams of bean sprouts
- 1/2 bunch chives (substitute chives), cut into 3cm
- Chopped roasted peanuts and lime wedges, to serve
PAD THAI SAUCE:
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 small red chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or finely grated brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tamarind (from certain Asian food stores and supermarkets)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
How to Make Chicken and Prawn Pad:
- Cook the same noodles according to the package guide. Dry and wash under cold water. Set aside.
- For the pad, Thai sauce, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and chilies, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add sugar, tamarind, fish sauce, soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons of water, cook while stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly reduced. Transfer to a small heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Clean the pan and add oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Push the chicken to one side of the pan and add the shrimp to the empty side. Cook, turning 1/2, for 2-3 minutes or until pink and just cooked through. Push the shrimp to one side with the chicken and add the eggs to the empty side. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until set.
- Add the bean sprouts, garlic chives, cooked noodles, and pad Thai sauce, and cook, stirring together, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Divide between bowls and serve immediately, topped with toasted nuts and with a lime wedge on the side.