How to Cook Thai Chicken Risotto
You May Like: How to Make Dalgona or Dalgano Recipes
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 500 gr skinless chicken thigh fillet, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chili, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 lime leaves*, remove the stems, finely sliced
- 11/2 cups (330g) arborio rice
- 1/4 cup (75g) Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut cream
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 200 g green peas, peeled, chopped
- Sprigs of cilantro, to serve
- Asian fried shallots, to serve
- Half a lime (optional), to serve
How to Make Chicken Risotto:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat the oil in a fireproof casserole over medium-high heat. Gradually add chicken and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Remove chicken from casserole and set aside. Reduce heat to medium and add shallots, chilies, garlic, and 1/2 kaffir lime leaf. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes until onions are soft, then add rice and curry paste and cook, stirring to coat some grains, for another 1 minute.
- Turn chicken into a casserole with stock and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from oven and add coconut cream, fish sauce, and peas, then cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Top risotto with coriander, fried Asian red onion, and remaining kaffir lime leaves, and serve with lime wedges, if using.