How to Cook Turkish Cucumber Salad
You May Like: How to Make Dalgona or Dalgano Recipes
- 1 lbs Turkish cucumber (7 – 8 small cucumbers or 2 English Cucumbers)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- – 1 cup fresh dill- chopped
- cup of fresh mint- chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion-very finely chopped
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- cup sour cream (or more yogurt)
- cup fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic- finely chopped or grated
- Ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Make Turkish Cucumber Salad:
- Using a mandolin, or a sharp knife, slice the cucumber into thin, uniform plates and place it in a colander over a bowl. Toss with salt, and let sit 15-30 minutes (or put in the fridge overnight for a while) to help drain some of the liquid. Dry or dry. (If in a hurry, please go this way).
- Place the drained cucumbers in a large bowl. Add chopped dill, chopped mint, and thinly sliced onion to a bowl. (If you're sensitive to onions, you can soak them in cold salted water for 15 minutes to help get rid of the bitter taste.)
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients -yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, minced garlic, pepper, honey, and olive oil and mix until smooth. Spoon over the cucumbers and stir gently until combined. Taste the salt, and lemon, adding more as needed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Salads will last up to three days in the refrigerator.