How to Cook Thai Pork Larb Salad
You May Like: How to Make Dalgona or Dalgano Recipes
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 500 grams minced pork
- 1 tbsp long rice, plus steamed rice to serve
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 large eschalot, finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked, plus extra for serving
- 2 long red chilies, seeds removed, chopped, plus extra slices for serving
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
How to Make Pork Larb Salad:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add minced meat and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 6-7 minutes until cooked through.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pork to a large bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Place 1 tbsp raw rice in a separate dry skillet and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and grind to a fine powder. Set aside the rice flour until ready to serve.
- To make the sauce, mix fish sauce and lime juice. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add the sauce, eschalot, mint, basil, and chili to the pork and stir until smooth.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving plate. Use a slotted spoon to scoop the pork over the top. Garnish with extra mint, basil, and chili. Sprinkle with rice flour and serve with white rice.