How to Cook Thai Chicken Meatballs
You May Like: How to Make Dalgona or Dalgano Recipes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chili sauce
- Juice and rind of 1 lime
- 3cm (15g) ginger, finely grated
- 600 gr chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander root, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- cup (60ml) Thai red curry paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup (50g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 50 gr green peas, cut into thin slices
- 150g vermicelli noodles, to serve
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 cup mixed soft herbs, to serve
How to Make Chicken Meatballs:
- To make the sauce, combine the chili sauce, lime juice, zest, and 1/2 ginger in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix chicken, remaining ginger, garlic, lemongrass, coriander root, lime leaves, curry paste, egg white, and breadcrumbs. Blitz until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl, add onions and peas, and mix. Roll the stacked tablespoons of combination into a ball, and place them on a paper-lined tray. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Gradually cook the meatballs, turning, for 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Add chili sauce and invert to coat.
- Serve meatballs and noodles with a combination of spices, and lime wedges, and pour over extra chili sauce.